Deposit funds and buy crypto with Coinhaven
How to deposit/withdraw fiat to/from my wallet?
- To deposit – select currency, enter amount to deposit, select payment method.
- To withdraw – select currency, wallet, enter amount, select payment method.
How to deposit/withdraw crypto to/from my wallet?
- To deposit – select currency, input address (where you’re withdrawing from), ensure correct network is selected, agree with conditions, click ‘generate link’
- To withdraw – select crypto, input address (where you’re depositing to), ensure correct network is selected, enter amount to withdraw, agree with conditions, confirm.
Are there limits to deposit/withdrawal?
Yes, they depend on your level of verification and can be changed.
How can I buy crypto using P2P (Peer-to-Peer)?
There are 2 ways:
- Post an ad – create an ad reflecting your personal requirements.
- Reply to an ad – browse ads created by other users and find one you like.
Are there fees for transactions?
- When buying through P2P service, you will pay 0,02-0,03% of your transaction sum.
Can I cancel any of my transactions?
- You can cancel P2P orders before payment confirmation
Can I send or receive funds to a wallet outside of Coinhaven?
- Yes, from your Coinhaven spot and fiat wallets.
Keep your account secure
- Should I enable two-factor authentication (2FA)?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) provides an additional layer to your account’s security. It is used to confirm different actions, like transactions, personal information change, etc. It is advised to enable at least one of the following methods:
- SMS – get a code to your mobile device via a text
- Google Authenticator – use the app to generate code
- Email – receive code in an email
How do I enable two-factor authentication (2FA)?
- Go to Account Management > Security > Google/Email/SMS
- Choose as many or as few types of 2FA as you want.
- You can disable all methods at any time.
What can I do if I suspect that my wallet has been hacked?
If you see any suspicious transactions or payments you didn’t make, your wallet was probably hacked. In order to prevent a situation like this, follow a few simple rules – make sure your login data is safe and not shared with anyone; enable 2FA; don’t store large amounts of crypto in one wallet.
If you are certain that your wallet is compromised, you need to act fast:
- First, quickly create a new wallet and transfer all your funds there, if possible.
- Then change your login information – email address and password. Best to enable 2FA too!
- Check your devices for malware – in case hackers have used it to get into your account and wallet. If you’ve lost access to your funds and your wallet, permanently delete this wallet and use a new one.
- Can I get my funds back if I sent them to the wrong wallet? What can I do if I used a wrong network when depositing/withdrawing crypto?
Due to the irreversible nature of blockchain protocols, it is essential to exercise caution when sending funds. Once initiated, cryptocurrency transactions can neither be cancelled nor reversed. Before clicking Send, always make sure the address you are sending to matches the address of your desired recipient.
Was this information useful? If you have any further questions we will be happy to assist you. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.